I’m an experienced Technical Support Specialist and Japanese/English Translator with a background in corporate technical support (including remote users), Windows OS/application problem solving, network and Internet-related troubleshooting, Internet/Web technologies and programming languages, and Japanese to English technical translation including business research and development.
When you hire me, you get the benefit of my top-notch technical expertise, proven problem solving skills, and solid Japanese and English language/communication skills. I can lead a team, but I am also a team player. My passion is solving technical problems to help people be more productive. I not only fix problems, but also educate users to help prevent future issues.
Let’s get to work!
My core competencies are technical translation of software API specs, user manuals, and business communications; Windows XP/2000/NT/8/10 and Mac OS networking and desktop application support; PHP Web development; AJAX applications (w/JQuery); MS Office Automation w/MySQL/MariaDB/Access; XML/XSLT/XPath; and Perl/CGI.
In addition to MS Office products, I am proficient in automating them using VBA and have developed several macro utilities to facilitate translation and project workflow.
- Responsible for the quality of Japanese-to-English translation projects.
- Set company-wide quality standards/rules for Japanese-to-English translation projects.
- Train translators and reviewers on established translation standards and rules.
- Define client quality requirements and ensure the deliverables meet said requirements.
- Conduct translation reviews and provide feedback to translators to improve quality.
- Create and manage client-specific terminology databases, make them available to translators/reviewers.
- Create and manage client-specific translation style guides, make them available to translators/reviewers.
- Work with Project Managers, Quality Manager, and Vendor Managers to analyze areas of improvement and break them down into measurable action items.
- Act as primary liaison between translators and localization project managers and other in-house stakeholders.
- Conduct linguistic tasks such as translation, editing, proofreading, and final quality check if appropriate.
- Participate in regular meetings and post-mortem meetings.
- Pre-sales consultation for eZ Publish CMS (PHP-based)
- Definition of technical specification requirements
- Management of eZ Systems’ partners
- Translation (English-Japanese) and proofreading
- Communication and interpretation with overseas subsidiaries (Germany, France, Norway)
- Web development training (mentoring) on the use of eZ Publish CMS
- Design, preparation, and printing of estimates and business documents
- Translating (Japanese to English) and proofreading API specifications, User Guides, and other product documentation for ACCESS Linux Platform, NetFront Mobile Client Suite, and NetFront Browser.
- Translating and proofreading e-mail communications, product/symposium presentations, and other documentation (ReadMe, etc.).
- Creating macros (VBA macros for MS Word/Excel/Access/Visio) and Windows scripts (WSH/VBS) to streamline the workgroup’s translation workflow.
- Establishing client-facing requirements, business assessments, and UI design to determine the best solution for the project.
- Coding experience includes: Automated content publishing/update programs, inquiry forms, file upload programs.
- RDBMS/database design and programming.
- Developing in-house desktop utilities/applications as needed. Core technologies: WSH, VBA, Excel VBA
- Designing HTML and graphic content, and developing/designing Web sites
- Creating Adobe Photoshop graphics, Flash animations for Web interfaces
- Designing company postcards, business cards, and signage
- ASP, Perl/CGI scripting including search engines, shopping carts, message boards, and database interfaces
- Installing and configuring Apache HTTP server
- Working with Marketing and Technical departments to meet networking and commercial objectives
- Providing helpdesk/technical services for clients on Mac and PC, as needed
- Responding quickly and professionally to support requests
- Testing and reproducing customer support issues using internal test systems
- Thoroughly documenting all customer issues in support tracking software
- Identifying, testing and documenting software bugs
- Creating and updating company knowledge base articles
- Creating and distributing product updates and patches to resolve customer issues
- Working closely with other team members to test functionality and quality of new Capital Stream products and services
- Testing Internet browser and Operating System service pack updates for potential customer support issues
- Providing technical support to helpdesk analysts at Boeing’s Central Service Response Center
- On-the-job training and information, and assisting in Level 1 problem solving
- Assessing impact status in the event of outages and informing appropriate personnel
- Monitoring call levels and queues to assure incoming calls are handled to SLA standards
- Ensuring continual improvement in helpdesk statistics associated with performance goals
- Providing performance feedback to analysts and liaising with management as necessary
- Supporting analysts in troubleshooting customer computer problems; reinforcing CSRC policies and procedures
- Directing analysts to technical resources including Level 2 Support, intranet websites, MS TechNet, and external internet knowledge bases where appropriate
- Windows 3.1, 95, and NT 4.0 operating systems support
- Supporting MS OFFICE 95/97, Outlook 98/2000, Exchange 5.0, Schedule+, Netscape 2.0-4.0 Communicator, FrontPage 98, NetMeeting 2.1, Rumba, Visio 4.0/4.5, RealPlayer, Canvas 3.53/5.02, Acrobat Reader 3.01, and SkillVantage (web-based CBT) training
- Supporting all dial-up configurations (DDA, Z-Token, Boedun, PPTP, Sita, Interlock, Dialgate)